Semolina – 200 grams
Onion (chopped) – 1 No.
Urad Dal – 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves – 6 Nos.
Red Chilli (chopped) – 1 No.
Cashew Nuts (cut into half) – 10 Nos.
Salt as per taste
Oil – 8 teaspoons
Ghee – 3 teaspoons
1) Dry roast the Semolina for 5 minutes in low flame.
2) In a pan add 2 teaspoons of Ghee and fry Cashew Nuts for 2 minutes after that remove it and keep aside.
3) In the same pan add 6 teaspoons of Oil once the Oil is heated add Urad Dal and fry till golden brown.
4) Add Mustard Seeds, Curry Leaves, Red Chilli and Onion and fry for 5 minutes in a low flame.
5) Add Salt and mix it well.
6) Add 2½ cup of Water and close the lid.
7) When the Water comes to boil open the lid and add Semolina little by little.
8) Add Cashew Nuts and mix it well.
9) Close the lid and keep it in a low flame for 5 minutes.
10) Switch off the flame, add Ghee and mix it well (Ghee should be added only after switching off the flame so that Upma will get a good taste).
11) Upma is ready to serve.