1) Pre-heat the oven at 240° C for 10 minutes.
2) Grease the baking tray with Butter.
3) Fold the Pastry sheets in rectangular shape and place it on a baking tray (leave half inch gap between the
4) Grease the Pastry sheets with Butter.
5) Keep the baking tray in the oven and set the temperature at 240° C for 30 minutes.
6) After 30 minutes remove the baking tray from the oven and let it cool.
7) Meanwhile in a vessel / bowl add Boiled Milk (Milk should be warm or lukewarm), Cardamom Powder,
Cinnamon Powder and mix it well.
8) Add Sugar and mix it till the Sugar dissolves.
9) Add Double Cream and mix it well.
10) In a tray (preferably glass tray) place the baked Puff sheets evenly and break it with your finger.
11) Pour ¾ of the mixed Milk (keep the remaining mixed Milk to use when the Umm Ali becomes dry) evenly on
the baked Pastry sheets.
12) Add Desiccated Coconut Powder on the top of the mixture.
13) Add Cashew Nuts, Almonds, Pistachios and Raisins.
14) Keep this in the oven and bake at 200° C for 30 minutes.
15) After 30 minutes remove it from the oven.16) Umm Ali is ready to serve.
Puff sheets – 10 sheets
(or you can use Samosa sheets)
Milk – 1 litre
Cream – 100 ml
Sugar – 100 grams
Desiccated Coconut Powder – 100 grams
Pistachio (sliced) – 15 Nos.
Almonds (sliced) – 10 Nos.
Raisins – 25 grams
Cashew Nuts (sliced) – 10 Nos.
Butter – 2 teaspoons
Cinnamon Powder – ½ teaspoon
Cardamom Powder – ½ teaspoon