Onion (chopped) (for frying) – ½ No.
Tomato (chopped) (for frying) – ½ No.
Tomato (sliced) – 2 Nos.
Onion (chopped) – 1 Nos.
Coconut (scrapped or sliced) – 4 teaspoons
Roasted Chana Dal – 3 teaspoons
Garlic Cloves – 5 Nos.
Ginger (chopped) – 1 inch piece
Curry Leaves – Few
Coriander Leaves – Few
Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder – ½ teaspoon
Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Salt as per taste
Oil – 5 teaspoons
1) In a mixie jar add Ginger, Garlic, Onion, Tomato and grind it into a fine paste.
2) In a small mixie jar add Scrapped Coconut, Roasted Chana Dal with 50 ml of water and grind into a fine paste.
3) In a vessel heat Oil.
4) Once the Oil is heated add Mustard Seeds.
5) When the Mustard Seeds crackle add Curry Leaves and sauté for few seconds.
6) Add Onion and fry till it becomes transparent.
7) Add Tomato, Salt, Turmeric Powder, Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala Powder and fry for 5 minutes.
8) After 5 minutes add grinded Tomato and Onion Paste, close the lid and cook in a medium flame for 5 minutes.
9) After 5 minutes add Grinded Coconut Paste with 200 ml of Water and mix well.
10) Add Coriander Leaves and mix well.
11) Close the lid and cook in medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
12) After 1o minutes switch off the flame and transfer it into a bowl.
13) Tomato Sambar is ready to serve.