Red Rice – 400 grams (2 cups)
Urad Dal – 100 grams (half cup)
Ginger – ½ inch piece
Fenugreek Seeds – 2 teaspoons
Coriander Seeds – 2 teaspoons
Cumin Seeds – 2 teaspoons
Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Red Chillies – 2 Nos.
Salt – 2 teaspoons
Oil – 5 teaspoons
1) Wash and soak Red Rice, Urad Dal and Fenugreek Seeds for 4 hours.
2) In a mixie jar add soaked Red Rice, Urad Dal, Fenugreek Seeds, Salt and grind for 2 minutes.
3) Add half cup or required Water and grind well.
4) Add Ginger, Coriander Seeds, Cumin seeds, Fennel Seeds, Red Chillies, and grind for a minute.
5) Transfer it into a big vessel and leave it overnight or at least 8 hours (leaving enough space) for fermentation.
6) To prepare Idly, boil some Water in pressure cooker, apply oil on the idly plates and pour the Batter, keep it in the
cooker, close the lid and cook for 15 minutes in medium flame.
7) After 15 minutes switch off the flame take the idly plates and allow it to cool completely.
8) Remove idly gently from the plates and transfer it into a plate.
9) To make Dosa, transfer needed Batter into a bowl add some Water and mix well.
10) Heat a dosa pan, once it is heated pour one half round scoop of Batter and spread.
11) Add 2 teaspoons of Oil.
12) Once the Dosa turns brown and crispy, flip and cook again.
13) Transfer it into a plate.
14) Healthy and tasty Red Rice Idli and Dosa is ready to serve.