Ragi (washed & soaked) – 300 grams
Idly Rice (washed & soaked) – 100 grams
Urad Dal (washed & soaked) – 75 grams
Fenugreek Seeds (soaked) – 2 teaspoons
Salt as per taste
Oil – 1 teaspoon
1) In a grinder or mixie jar add Ragi and Idli Rice add some Water and grind for 5 minutes.
2) After 5 minutes add Urad Dal, Fenugreek Seeds, Salt and grind well. Add Water in between not more than 200 ml.
3) Batter should not be so smooth.
4) After grinding remove the Batter into a vessel and mix it well. Close the lid and allow it to ferment for 8 to 10
hours or overnight.
5) After 8 hours mix the Batter well. Remove some Batter in another vessel (this will allow the remaining Batter to
be fresh for more days).
6) Add some Water and mix it well for making Idli.
7) In a pressure cooker or Idli cooker add some Water and heat it.
9) Till the water is heated, in an Idli plates apply some Oil and pour the Batter.
10) Place the Idli plates in the cooker. Close the lid without the whistle in a medium flame for 12 to 15 minutes.
11) After 15 minutes switch off the stove and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
12) After 10 minutes remove the Idlies from the plates using a butter knife or a teaspoon.
13) Ragi Idli is ready to serve.
Have these Ragi Idli with Tomato Chutney or Sambar for good taste.