Ragi flour – 1½ Cup
Onion (chopped) – 1 No.
Tomato (chopped) – 1 No.
Coriander Leaves (chopped) – Few
Urad dal– 1 teaspoon
Red Chillies (chopped) – 2 Nos.
Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Salt as per taste
Oil – 5 teaspoons
1) Heat 1 ½ cup Water in a vessel.
2) In a bowl add Ragi Flour, Salt, Oil and mix well.
3) Add Hot Water little by little and make smooth dough.
4) Apply some Oil on the idli plates.
5) In the idiyappam maker put the Ragi Dough and fill the plates with Idiyappam.
6) Heat some Water in cooker.
7) Keep the idli plates in the pressure cooker.
8) Close the lid without whistle and keep in medium flame for 10 minutes.
9) Open the lid and take the idiyappams and let it cool down.
10) Use a spoon and remove idiyappam.
12) In a pan heat Oil.
13) Once the Oil is heated add Urad Dal and fry for 2 minutes.
14) Add Mustard Seeds, Red Chillies and sauté it for few seconds.
15) Add Onion and fry till it becomes transparent.
16) Add Tomato, Salt and mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
17) Add Idiyappam and mix well.
18) Add Coriander Leaves and mix well.
19) Switch off the flame.
20) Transfer it into a bowl.
21) Ragi idiyappam is ready to serve.