1) Roast Moong Dal for 2 minutes in a low flame.
2) In a bowl mix rice and roasted Moong Dal, wash it and soak for 30 minutes.
3) In a cooker add soaked Rice and Moong Dal with Salt and 5 cups of water then leave it for 4 whistles.
4) After 4 whistles open the lid and mash the Rice and Moong Dal.
5) In a pan, heat 2 teaspoons of Ghee and fry Cashew Nuts in a low flame till it becomes golden brown.
6) Transfer the Cashew Nuts in a plate.
7) In the same pan heat 4 teaspoons of Ghee. Once the Ghee is heated add Curry Leaves, Grated Ginger, Chilli, Cumin Seeds, Black Pepper and fry for 2 minutes.
8) Mix it with Rice and Moong Dal.
9) Add Cashew Nuts with Rice and Moong Dal and mix it well.
10) Pongal is ready to serve.
Raw Rice – 1 Cup
Moong Dal – ½ Cup
Ghee – 6 teaspoons
Cashew Nuts – 25 grams
Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Ginger (grated) – 1 teaspoon
Green Chilli – 2 Nos.
Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves – Few
Salt as per taste