1) in a pressure cooker add Toor Dal with one cup of Water and Turmeric Powder and cook for 2 whistles.
2) Once it is cooked mash and keep aside.
3) In a mixie jar add 4 slices of Pineapple, Green Chillies, Tamarind, Coriander Leaves and grind into a fine paste.
4) In a vessel add grinded Pineapple Paste with enough Water and mix well.
5) Add Salt and mix well.
6) Cook in low flame for 10 minutes till the raw smell goes.
7) Add crushed Cumin, crushed Black Pepper, Garlic and mix well.
8) Add mashed Toor Dal and keep in low flame for 5 minutes or till the Rasam comes to boil.
9) Once it comes to boil switch off the flame.
10) Cut the remaining 1 Pineapple slice into thin pieces and add it to the Rasam.
11) In a pan heat Ghee.
12) Once it is melted add Mustard Seeds, Curry Leaves, Red Chilli and sauté for few seconds and add it to the
13) Add some Coriander Leaves to the Rasam and close the lid and leave for 10 minutes.
14) After 10 minutes transfer it into a bowl.
15) Pineapple Rasam is ready to serve.
Toor Dal – ¼ cup
Pineapple (chopped) – 5 slices
Garlic (sliced) – 4 pods
Green Chilli – 2 Nos.
Dry Red Chilli – 2 Nos.
Tamarind – size of 1 gooseberry
Curry Leaves – 10 Nos.
Coriander Leaves (chopped) – few
Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Cumin (crushed) – 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper (crushed) – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
Salt – 2 teaspoons or as per taste
Ghee – 3 teaspoons