1) Grind Scrapped Coconut and Roasted Chana Dal into a fine paste.
2) In a cooker (always cook Paya in cooker) add oil.
3) Once oil is heated add Cinnamon & Cardamom.
4) Add Onion and Green Chilli and fry till Onion is golden brown.
5) Add Ginger Garlic Paste and fry for 2 minutes.
6) Add Paya (Lamb Leg) and mix it well.
7) Add Tomato, Salt, Turmeric Powder and Chilli Powder then fry in a low flame for 10 minutes.
8) Add water (around 1 litre) and close the lid and cook for 6 to 7 whistles in a high flame.
9) After 6 to 7 whistles, switch off the flame and once the pressure is released from the cooker, open the lid. If
the lamb legs are cooked, add Coconut and Roasted Chana Dal Paste, Coriander leaves and Mint leaves and
keep in a low flame for 10 minutes.
10) In case if the Lamb Leg is not cooked add little more water and leave for 2 or more whistles till Lamb Leg is cooked.
Paya (Lamb leg) – 4 Legs (16 pieces)
Onion (sliced) – 2 Nos.
Cinnamon & Cardamom – 2 pieces
Green Chilli – 2 Nos.
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 teaspoons
Tomato (chopped) – 2 Nos.
Mint Leaves – Few
Coriander Leaves – Few
Coconut (scrapped) – 4 teaspoons
Roasted Chana Dal – 1 teaspoon
Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
Salt as needed
Oil – 6 teaspoons