Paneer – 200 grams
Onion (roughly chopped) – 2 Nos.
Tomato (roughly chopped) – 3 Nos.
Cashew nuts – 10 Nos.
Cream – 3 teaspoons
Milk – 100 ml
Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon – 2 Nos.
Cardamom – 2 Nos.
Bay leaf – 1 No.
Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder – 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek Leaves – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Leaves (chopped) – Few
Butter – 5 teaspoons
Salt as per taste
1) Heat two teaspoons of Butter in a pan.
2) Once the Butter is heated add Onion and fry in a medium flame for 3 minutes till Onion becomes transparent.
3) Add Cashew nuts and mix well.
4) Add Tomatoes, Salt and mix well and fry in a medium flame for 3 minutes till the Tomato becomes mushy.
5) Switch off the flame and allow it to cool.
6) Add this to a mixie jar and grind it into a fine paste.
7) In the same pan add 2 teaspoons of Butter.
8) Add Cinnamon, Cardamom, Bay Leaf and sauté it for few seconds.
9) Add Kashmiri Chilli powder and mix well.
10) Add grinded Paste with some Water and mix well.
11) Add Garam Masala Powder, Fenugreek Leaves, Coriander Leaves and mix well.
12) Close the lid and leave it in a medium flame for 10 minutes.
13) After 10 minutes add Paneer, Salt and mix well.
14) Add Sugar, Milk and mix well.
15) Close the lid and leave in a medium flame for 10 minutes.
16) Add 2 teaspoons of Cream and mix well.
17) Switch off the flame.
18) Transfer it into a bowl.
19) Finally add 1 teaspoon of Butter and Cream.
20) Paneer Butter Masala is ready to serve.