Mutton – 500 grams
Small Onion – 15 Nos. or big Onion (chopped) – 2 Nos.
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 teaspoons
Coriander Leaves – Few
Curry Leaves – 10 Nos.
Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
Red Chillies – 2 Nos.
Coriander Seeds – 3 teaspoons
Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon – 2 Nos.
Cardamom – 2 Nos.
Salt – 2 teaspoons or as per taste
Oil – 4 teaspoons
1) In a pressure cooker add Mutton, Salt and Turmeric Powder and mix well.
2) Add 3 cups of Water and mix well.
3) Close the lid and put the whistle. Leave for 4 whistles or till the Mutton is cooked.
4) Meanwhile, in a pan add Coriander Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Red Chillies, Cinnamon and Cardamom.
5) Roast in low flame for 3 to 5 minutes.
6) After it is cooled down add it in a mixie jar and grind it into a fine powder.
7) After the Mutton is cooked in a vessel add Oil.
8) Once it is heated add Onion, Curry Leaves and fry for 3 minutes.
9) Add cooked Mutton with stock and mix well.
10) Add the grinded powder and mix well.
11) Add Coriander Leaves and mix well.
12) Keep in medium flame and cook till the Mutton gets dry and form a dry gravy.
13) Transfer it into a plate.
14) Mutton Chukka is ready to serve.