Basmati Rice (soaked for 1 hour) – 2 cups
Fenugreek seeds – 2 teaspoons
Cinnamon – 2 Nos.
Cloves – 2 Nos.
Cardamom – 2 Nos.
Bay leaves – 1 No.
Onion (sliced) – 2 Nos.
Green Chillies – 3 Nos.
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 teaspoons
Tomato (chopped) – 1 No.
Coriander Leaves – Few
Mint Leaves – Few
Salt as needed
Oil – 10 teaspoons
1) Roast the Fenugreek Seeds in low flame for 3 minutes and mix with soaked rice.
2) Heat Oil in a cooker, once the oil is heated add Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves and Bay Leaves and sauté it for 2 minutes.
3) Add Onion and Green Chillies and fry till Onion becomes golden brown.
4) Add Ginger Garlic Paste and fry for 2 more minutes.
5) Add Tomato, Coriander Leaves and Mint Leaves and fry till Tomato is cooked for 5 more minutes.
6) Add 4 cups of water and add salt and wait till the water boils.
7) When the water boils add rice (which is mixed with Fenugreek Seeds).
8) Close the lid and keep in a medium flame for 20 minutes (without placing the whistle on the lid).
9) After 20 minutes open the lid and serve it in a bowl.