Wheat Flour – 1 ½ cup
All Purpose Flour – ½ cup
Semolina – 4 tablespoons
Sugar – 1 cup
Almonds (peeled and sliced) – 15 Nos.
Pistachios (peeled and sliced) – 15 Nos.
Vanilla Essence – 1 Teaspoon
Orange Food Colouring Powder – ½ teaspoon
(mixed with little water)
Vanaspati (Dalda) – 50 ml
Oil for frying
1) In a bowl add Wheat Flour, All Purpose Flour, Semolina, Almonds, Pistachios and mix well.
2) In a small pan add 2 teaspoons of Vanaspati and melt. After it melts switch off the flame.
3) Add the melted Vanaspati, Vanilla Essence, Orange Food Colouring Powder to the Flour and mix well.
4) In a saucepan add 50 ml of Water and Sugar and mix well till the Sugar melts.
5) After the Sugar melts keep on the stove and make it warm (don’t boil the Sugar Syrup).
6) Add the melted Sugar with the Flour little by little and mix well and make a smooth dough.
7) Divide the dough into two parts.
8) In a rolling pan dust some All Purpose Flour and flatten the dough using rolling pin.
9) Cut it horizontally and vertically and make diamond shapes. (use the remaining scratched dough).
10) In a pan heat remaining Vanaspati and Oil.
11) Once the Oil is heated keep it in a high flame and drop the Khajur, after dropping put it in low flame and fry on
both sides till it becomes light golden colour.
12) Remove the fried Khajur and transfer it into a plate.
13) Khajur is ready to serve.