1) Heat a Pan, add oil 4 teaspoons
2) Once the oil is heated, add Curry Leaves.
3) Add Onion (keep in a medium flame) and saute till golden brown
4) Add Ginger Garlic Paste and fry for 2 minutes
5) Add Salt, Turmeric Powder and Chilli Powder and mix well.
6) Add Potato and fry for 2 minutes.
7) Add Coriander Leaves and fry for 1 minute and switch off the flame.
For making Idli
1) Heat water in Idli cooker in a low flame.
2) Grease your palm with little oil.
3) Make 8 Nos. equal size round balls from the stuffing and flatten it.
4) Grease the Idli plate with oil.
5) Add 1 table spoon of Batter in both the Idli plates.
6) Keep the flattened balls on the Batter.
7) Cover the flattened balls fully with Batter.
8) Keep the Idli plates in the cooker (in medium flame) for 15 minutes.
9) Take Idli plate from the cooker and let it cool.
10) Use a butter knife and remove the Idlis.
Idli Batter – 500 grams
(Rice – 400 grams, Urad Dal – 100 grams, Fenugreek Seeds – 1 teaspoon – Soaked for 2 hours and grinded into fine Batter)
Potato (Boiled & Mashed) – 2 Nos.
Onion (Chopped) – 1 No.
Ginger Garlic Paste – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt as needed
Curry Leaves (Chopped) – 5 Nos.
Coriander Leaves (Chopped) – Few
Oil – 5 teaspoons