For the Sugar Syrup
1) In a vessel add 400 ml of Water, Sugar and boil it for 10 minutes for the Syrup.
2) After 10 minutes switch off the flame and add Rose Essence and mix it well.
3) Transfer it into a large bowl.
For the jamun
1) In a large bowl add Maida, Baking Soda, Red Colour Powder (diluted in 1 tablespoon of water), Khoa and mix well.
2) Add 2 teaspoon of Dalda and mix well.
3) If needed add 1 teaspoon of Milk and knead a soft dough.
4) Leave it to marinate for 1 hour.
5) After 1 hour of marinating knead the dough again for 5 minutes.
6) Make 3 balls of equal size from the Dough.
7) Place a ball on the rolling board and roll the Dough into cylindrical shape using your palm.
8) From this cylindrical shape make 6 to 8 balls of equal size and roll it again into small cylindrical shaped balls.
9) Heat Dalda in a kadai.
10) Once the Dalda is heated fry the balls in a medium flame till golden brown and transfer it into the Syrup.
11) Leave it for 4 to 6 hours.
12) Gulab jamun is ready to serve.
Maida (All purpose flour) – 100 grams
Sugar – 500 grams
Dalda – 250 grams
Khoa (Khoya) – 250 grams
Milk – ¼ cup
Rose Essence – 1 teaspoon
Red Colour Powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking Soda – 1 teaspoon