1) Roast Whole Green Gram for 5 minutes in a medium flame.
2) In a Pressure Cooker add roasted Green Gram, Whole Tomato, Green Chillies, Turmeric Powder, Salt – 1 teaspoon and 3 cups of water then leave for 4 whistles.
3) After 4 whistles, switch off the flame, remove the excess water into a bowl and mash the Green Gram then add the water (which was removed earlier) from the bowl.
4) In a pan heat Oil, when the Oil is heated add Cumin Seeds, Curry Leaves, Red Chillies, Garlic and fry till golden brown.
5) Add Onion and fry till golden brown.
6) Add Tomato and fry for 5 minutes or till Tomato is cooked then switch off the flame.
7) Transfer this mixture to the mashed Whole Green Gram in the cooker.
8) Cook for 5 to 10 minutes in a low flame till the Curry is thick (without closing the lid).
9) Whole Green Gram Curry is ready to serve, you can have this with Chapati or Rice.
Green Gram (whole) – 100 grams
Onion (sliced) – 2 Nos.
Tomato (chopped) – 1 No., whole – 1 No.
Garlic Cloves (chopped) – 10 Nos.
Green Chilli – 3 Nos.
Cumin Seeds – 2 teaspoons
Red Chilli – 3 Nos.
Curry Leaves – Few
Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
Oil – 6 teaspoons
Salt as per taste