1) Marinate the Fish with some Salt, ¼ teaspoon of Turmeric Powder, Chilli Powder, mix it well and leave for
2) Heat Oil (2 teaspoons) in a pan.
3) Once Oil is heated add Fish pieces and fry for 2 minutes in medium flame. Then turn it other side and fry for
4) Transfer it into a plate and allow it to cool.
5) In the same pan add remaining Oil (2 teaspoons).
6) Once Oil is heated add Curry Leaves and sauté for few seconds.
7) Add Green Chillies and fry for few seconds.
8) Add Garlic and fry for 2 minutes in low flame.
9) Add Ginger and fry for 2 minutes in low flame.
10) Add Shallots (Small Onions) and fry for 2 minutes.
11) Meanwhile cut the Fish into small pieces and remove the thorns.
12) Add Fish and mix it gently.
13) Add Salt, Turmeric Powder and mix.
14) Add Tomato and mix gently and leave for 2 minutes.
15) Switch off the flame.
16) Add Coriander Leaves and mix.
17) Transfer it into a serving bowl.
18) Fish Poriyal is ready to serve.
Fish – 5 pieces
Shallots (chopped) – 10 Nos. (OR) Onion (chopped) – 1 No.
Tomato (chopped) – ½ No.
Garlic (chopped) – 10 pods
Ginger (chopped) – ½ inch piece
Green chilli (chopped) – 2 Nos.
Curry leaves – 6 Nos.
Coriander Leaves (chopped) – Few
Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
Salt as per taste
Oil – 4 teaspoons