Raw Boiled Rice (soaked in water) – 3 Cups
Idly Rice (soaked in water) – 1½ cup
Urad Dal (soaked in water) – ½ cup
Cooked Rice – 1 bowl
Scrapped Coconut – 50 grams
Fenugreek Seeds (soaked in water) – 2 teaspoons
Baking Soda – ½ teaspoon
Egg – 2 Nos.
Black Pepper Powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt as per taste
1) Soak Raw Boiled Rice, Idly Rice, Urad Dal and Fenugreek Seeds for 2 hours.
2) In a mixie jar or grinder add Raw Boiled Rice, Idly Rice, Urad Dal, Fenugreek Seeds, Cooked Rice, Scrapped
Coconut and grind it into a batter.
3) Remove the batter in a vessel and allow it to ferment for 8 to 10 hours.
4) After 10 hours mix it well and transfer some batter into a bowl.
5) Add Salt and Baking Soda mixed with little Water into the batter and mix it well.
6) Add little amount of Water to make the batter a bit thin.
7) In a bowl add 1 Egg and half teaspoon Black Pepper Powder and mix well.
8) Heat a Appam Kadai (if it is a non-stick kadai no need to add Oil, if it is a normal kadai drizzle some Oil before
preparing the Appam), once it is heated add one round spoon full of batter and rotate in clockwise direction, add
Egg mix and again rotate in clockwise direction and cover it with a lid and cook for 2 minutes.
9) After 2 minutes transfer it into a plate.
10) Egg Appam is ready to serve (serve it hot with coconut chutney or coconut milk).