Bread – 10 slices (cut edges & cut into 4 pieces)
Milk – 500 ml
Sugar – 300 grams
Ghee – 300 ml
Condensed Milk – 200 ml
Saffron (soaked in water) – 2 pinches
Pistachio (chopped) – 10 Nos.
Almonds (chopped) – 10 Nos.
Cinnamon – 2 pieces
Clove – 2 Nos.
Cardamom – 2 Nos.
For the Sugar Syrup
1) In a vessel heat one teaspoon Ghee, when the Ghee is heated add Cinnamon, Clove and Cardamom and
fry for a minute.
2) Add 200 ml of Water.
3) Add soaked Saffron, when the Water boils add Sugar and keep it in a low flame for 10 minutes.
4) After 10 minutes switch off the flame.
For the Bread Sweet
5) Keep the Bread below a fan for 30 minutes for drying.
6) After 30 minutes, in a pan add Ghee, when the Ghee is heated fry the dried bread on both the sides till it
becomes golden brown.
7) In another vessel pour half litre of Milk and allow it to boil.
8) Once it boils, keep it in a low flame for 10 minutes and stir it often.
9) After 10 minutes when the Milk becomes thick. switch off the flame.
10) Switch On the stove and keep the Sugar Syrup in a low flame and put the fried Breads (one by one) in
the Sugar Syrup.
11) Add thick Milk (as in step 9), add Condensed Milk evenly on the Breads and keep it in a low flame for 10
minutes or till the Syrup in the vessel becomes quarter.
12) After 10 minutes switch off the flame and transfer it into a bowl (very slowly and very carefully so that
the Bread doesn’t break).
13) Garnish it with Almonds and Pistachio.
14) Double Ka Meetha / Bread Sweet is ready to serve.