Split Black Gram (soaked for 8 hrs.) – 200 grams
Kidney Beans (soaked for 8 hrs.) – handful
Onion (chopped) – 2 Nos.
Tomato Paste – (paste of 2 Tomatoes)
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 teaspoons
Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – Few
Cream – 100 grams
Butter – 100 gramsOil – 6 teaspoons
1) In a pressure cooker add soaked Split Black Gram and Kidney Beans with 2 cups of water and ½ teaspoon of Salt and leave it for 4 whistles.
2) In a vessel add 2 teaspoons of Butter and Oil.
3) When the Oil is heated add Onion and fry till it becomes golden brown.
4) After Onion turns golden brown add Ginger Garlic Paste and fry for 2 minutes.
5) Add Salt, Turmeric Powder, Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and Cumin Powder and fry for 2 minutes.
6) Add Tomato Paste and mix it well.
7) Add 1 cup of Water and mix it well. Close the lid and cook in a low flame for 10 minutes.
8) Add cooked Black Gram and Kidney Beans and mix it well, close the lid and cook in a low flame for 10 minutes.
9) Add Cream and mix it well and keep it in a low flame for 2 minutes.
10) After 2 minutes switch off the flame and transfer it into a bowl.
11) In a pan heat Butter and pour in the Dal Makhni.
12) Garnish it with Coriander Leaves and Cream.
13) Dal Makhni is ready to serve.