1) In a mixie jar add Urad Dal, little Water and grind it into a batter.
2) Remove the batter into a bowl.
3) Add Salt, Onion, Green Chillies, Coriander Leaves, Black Pepper, Ginger, Curry Leaves and mix well.
4) Add Curd it into a bowl add 200 ml of Water, Salt and mix well.
5) In a pan add 4 teaspoon of Oil.
6) When the Oil is heated add Mustard Seeds.
7) When Mustard Seeds crackle add Cumin Seeds, Curry Leaves, Red Chillies, Ginger and fry for 2 minutes and
add to the Curd and mix well.
8) Heat Oil in a kadai.
9) When the Oil is heated make flat balls with holes in the middle and fry in the Oil till it becomes golden brown
on both the sides.
10) After it turns golden brown remove it into a plate.
11) Take luke warm Water in a vessel and put the Urad Dal Vada and soak it in Water for 10 minutes.
12) After 10 minutes remove the Vada from the Water and transfer it into a flat plate and pour the Curd mixture
on the Vada.
13) Let it soak for 3 hours.
14) After 3 hours Dahi Vada is ready to serve.
Urad Dal (soaked in water for 3 hours) – 200 grams
Curd – 300 ml
Onion (Chopped) – ½ No.
Ginger (chopped) – small piece
Curry Leaves– 10 Nos.
Curry Leaves (chopped) – 6 Nos.
Coriander Leaves (chopped) – Few
Green Chilli (chopped) – 2 Nos.
Red Chilli (chopped) – 2 Nos.
Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying