1) Soak Bengal Gram for 1 hour in Water.
2) In a pressure cooker add all the ingredients except Coriander Leaves, Egg and Oil.
3) Add 1 cup of Water.
4) Close the lid and place whistle.
5) Keep in low flame for 20 minutes and then keep in a medium flame.
6) After 4 whistles switch off the stove and wait till the pressure is released.
7) Remove the Chicken pieces.
8) Add one Egg and mix well and keep in low flame for 10 minutes.
9) Switch off the stove and allow to cool completely.
10) Grind the Bengal Gram in mixer and made into a paste.
11) Coarsely grind the Chicken (coarsely grinded).
12) Mix both the Bengal Gram paste and Chicken.
13) Add Coriander Leaves and mix well.
14) Make round shaped kebabs.
15) Keep these kebabs in refrigerator for 2 hours before frying.
16) Add Oil in a pan and shallow fry the kebabs till it turns golden brown on both the sides.
17) Transfer it into a plate.
18) Chicken Shami Kebab is ready to serve.
Chicken boneless – 500 grams
Bengal gram – 200 grams
Ginger – 2 inches piece
Garlic – 10 cloves
Green chillies – 3 Nos.
Red chillies – 3 Nos.
Cinnamon – 2 Nos.
Cardamom - 2 Nos.
Cumin seeds – 3 teaspoons
Coriander seeds – 3 teaspoons
Black pepper – 3 teaspoons
Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Egg – 1 Nos.
Coriander leaves – few
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying