1) Heat a pan.
2) Add Black Pepper, 1 teaspoon of Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds, 2 teaspoons of Coriander Seeds, Red Chillies and
roast in medium flame for 3 minutes.
3) After 3 minutes switch off the flame and allow it to cool.
4) Put this in a mixie jar and grind it coarsely.
5) In a kadai heat 2 teaspoons of Oil.
6) Once the Oil is heated add Onion Petals and Capsicum and fry in a medium flame for 5 minutes.
7) After 5 minutes switch off the flame.
8) In a vessel heat remaining Oil.
9) Once the Oil is heated add Cumin seeds, Coriander Seeds, Green Chillies, onion and fry till onion turns golden
10) Add Ginger Garlic Paste and fry for two minutes.
11) After two minutes add Chicken, Salt, Turmeric Powder, Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala Powder
and mix well.
12) Close the lid and leave it in a medium flame for 5 minutes or till the Water in the Chicken evaporates.
13) After 5 minutes add Tomato Paste and mix well.
14) Add 4 teaspoons of grinded Powder and mix well (if you add all the Powder it will give more flavour to the curry).
15) Add 1 cup of Water and mix well.
16) Close the lid and leave in medium flame for 15 minutes.
17) After 15 minutes add Curd and mix continuously for 2 minutes.
18) Add fried Onion and Capsicum and mix well.
19) Add Coriander Leaves and mix well.
20) Close the lid and leave it for 5 minutes.
21) After 5 minutes switch off the flame.
22) Garnish it with Coriander Leaves.
23) Chicken Kadai is ready to serve.
Chicken – ¾ kg
Onion Petals (chopped) – 1 No.
Capsicum (chopped) – 1 No.
Onion (chopped) – 3 Nos.
Tomato Paste – Paste of 3 tomatoes
Curd – 1 Cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 teaspoons
Green Chillies – 3 Nos.
Red Chillies – 2 Nos.
Coriander Leaves – Few
Cumin Seeds – 2 teaspoons
Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Seeds – 3 teaspoons
Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 2 teaspoons
Garam Masala Powder – ½ teaspoon
Salt as per taste
Oil – 7 teaspoons