Basmati Rice – 4 Cups
Chicken – ¾ KG
Onion (sliced) – 6 Nos.
Tomato (chopped) – 6 No.
Cinnamon – 6 Nos.
Cloves – 6 Nos.
Cardamom – 6 Nos.
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 teaspoons
Green Chillies – 3 Nos.
Mint Leaves – Few
Coriander Leaves – Few
Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
Chilli Powder – 2 teaspoons
Curd – 1 cup
Lemon Juice – 2 teaspoons
Salt as needed
Oil for cooking
Colour Powder (Red) – 2 pinches
1) Soak Basmati Rice in water for 1 hour.
2) Heat a vessel and add oil.
3) After the Oil is heated, add Cinnamon, Cardamom and Cloves and sauté it for a minute.
4) Add Onion and Green Chillies and fry till Onion becomes golden brown.
5) Add Ginger Garlic Paste and Sauté for 2 minutes.
6) Add Chicken and Salt (1 teaspoon) and mix it well and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes in low flame till the water from the Chicken drains.
7) Add Tomatoes, Salt (1 teaspoon), Turmeric Powder, Chilli Powder, Coriander Leaves and Mint Leaves and leave it in a low flame for 15 minutes.
8) Add Curd and mix it well and leave it for 10 minutes in a low flame.
9) Add Lemon Juice and leave it for 5 minutes in a low flame.
10) Mean while boil the rice with Salt and cook till the rice is 75% boiled.
11) Remove ½ of the Chicken pieces from the gravy, then add rice (75% boiled) in the vessel and place the Chicken pieces (which were removed earlier) above the rice and close the lid and leave it in a low flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
12) Mix the Rice evenly from the sides slowly and carefully.
13) Chicken Biryani is ready to serve.