CHICKEN BIRYANI (COIMBATORE STYLE)
1) In a vessel heat Ghee and Oil.
2) When the Oil is heated add Onions and Green Chillies and fry till golden brown.
3) Add Ginger Garlic Paste and sauté it for two minutes.
4) Add Chicken and 1 teaspoon of salt and mix well. Leave it in medium flame till water evaporates.
5) Add Tomatoes, Small Onion Paste and mix well.
6) Add Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala Powder, Coriander Leaves, Mint Leaves and mix well. Close the lid and leave in medium flame for 10 minutes till tomatoes are cooked.
7) After 10 minutes add 7 ½ cup of water and Salt (4 teaspoons or as per taste) and close the lid.
8) When the water boils add Rice and Curd, place a wet cloth or Aluminium Foil on the pan and close the lid and leave it in medium flame for 25 minutes.
9) After 25 minutes stir biryani and transfer it into a bowl or plate.
10) Chicken biryani is ready to serve.
Chicken – 750 grams
Basmati Rice (soaked in water) – 750 grams
Onion (sliced) – 4 Nos.
Small Onion (shallots) (coarsely grinded) – 6 Nos.
Tomato (sliced) – 5 Nos.
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 teaspoons
Coriander Leaves – Few
Mint Leaves – Few
Green Chillies – 4 Nos.
Curd – 1 cup
Chilli Powder – 1½ teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 3 teaspoons
Garam Masala Powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt as per taste
Ghee – 5 teaspoonsOil – 100 ml.