Chickpeas (soaked in water for 6 hours) – 250 grams
Onion (sliced) – 2 Nos.
Onion (chopped) – 1 No.
Tomato (chopped) – 2 Nos.
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1½ teaspoon
Chilli Powder – 1½ teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 3 teaspoons
Chana Masala Powder – 2 teaspoons
Coriander Leaves – Few
Salt as per tasteOil – 10 teaspoons
1) Heat Oil in a pressure cooker.
2) After Oil is heated fry Onions (sliced) till it becomes golden brown.
3) After it turns golden brown add Ginger Garlic Paste and fry for 2 minutes in low flame.
4) Add Tomatoes, Salt, Chili Powder, Coriander Powder, Chana Masala Powder and cook for 5 minutes or till the
Tomatoes are cooked well.
5) Add soaked Chickpeas and mix it well.
6) Add 5 cups of water and mix it well.
7) Add Coriander Leaves and mix it well.
8) Close the cooker lid, place the whistle and leave for 5 to 6 whistles or till the Chickpeas is cooked.
9) Transfer it into a bowl.
10) Garnish with Chopped Onion and Coriander Leaves.11) Chana Masala is ready to serve.