Carrot (grated) – 4 Nos. or 350 grams
Milk – ½ litre
Sugar – 200 grams
Condensed Milk – 150 ml
Almonds (sliced) – 10 Nos.
Cashew Nuts (cut into half) – 15 Nos.
Pistachio (sliced) – 10 Nos.
Cardamom – 2 Nos.
Cloves – 2 Nos.
Cinnamon – 2 Nos.
Yellow / Orange Colour Powder – 1 pinch
(soaked in 1 teaspoon of water)
Ghee / Clarified Butter – 10 teaspoons
1) Heat 4 teaspoons of Ghee in a pan.
2) Once the Ghee is heated fry Cashew Nuts till it becomes golden brown.
3) Once Cashew Nuts become golden brown transfer it into a plate.
4) Add the remaining Ghee in the same pan.
5) Once the Ghee is heated add Cinnamon, Clove, Cardamom and fry it for a minute.
6) Add grated Carrot and fry it in a low flame, close the lid and occasionally open the lid and stir till the raw
smell of the Carrot evaporates.
7) After few minutes add Milk and mix it well.
8) Add Colour Powder and mix it well. Close the lid and cook it in a low flame till the Milk drains.
9) After the Milk drains add Condensed Milk and cook it for 2 minutes.
10) After 2 minutes add half of the friend Cashew Nuts, Almonds and Pistachios and mix it well.
11) Switch off the flame and transfer it to a bowl.
12) Garnish it with remaining Cashew Nuts, Almonds and Pistachios/13) Carrot Halwa is ready to serve.