Brinjal (medium size) – 8 Nos.
Onion (sliced) – 1 No.
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves – 8 leaves
Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – ¼ teaspoon
Salt as per tasteOil – 7 teaspoons
1) Cut the Brinjals vertically then horizontally into small pieces and soak in water.
2) Heat a pan and add Oil.
3) Once the Oil is heated add Mustard Seeds.
4) When Mustard Seeds crackle add Curry Leaves and fry for a minute.
5) Add Ginger Garlic Paste and fry for 2 minutes.
6) Add Brinjals and fry in a low flame for 5 minutes (stare occasionally).
7) Add Salt, Turmeric Powder, Chilli Powder and fry for 5 more minutes.
8) After 5 minutes add sliced Onions and stir well.
9) After 10 minutes switch off the flame.10) Brinjal fry is ready to serve.