Beetroot (peeled & grated) – 500 grams
Sugar – 300 grams
Khoa (Khoya) – 250 grams
Pure Ghee – 6 teaspoons
Dalda – 6 teaspoons
Cinnamon – 2 Nos.
Cardamom – 4 Nos.
Cashew Nuts (chopped) – 10 Nos.
Almonds (sliced) – 10 Nos.
Pistachio (chopped) – 10 Nos.Rose Essence – 1 teaspoon
1) Heat a vessel and add Dalda (Vanaspati) and Pure Ghee – 2 teaspoons.
2) Once it is heated add Cashew Nuts and fry till golden brown.
3) After it becomes golden brown transfer it into a plate.
4) In the remaining Ghee add cinnamon and cardamom and fry for few seconds.
5) Add grated Beetroot (squeeze the Beetroot to remove water) and stir well and cook for 10 minutes in a low flame.
5) Add 100 ml of water then mix it well. Close the lid and keep in a medium flame till the Beetroot is cooked.
6) After the Beetroot is cooked add Sugar and stir well.
7) After the water in the sugar evaporates, add Khoa (Khoya) and mix it well for 2 to 3 minutes.
8) Add Rose Essence, mix it well and switch off the flame and add the remaining Pure Ghee then mix it well.
9) Add fried Cashew Nuts and mix well.
10) Transfer it into a bowl.
11) Garnish with sliced Almonds and Pistachio.
12) Beetroot Sweet is ready to serve.
If you use sweet khoya reduce the quantity of Sugar to 200 grams.