Pearl Millet (soaked in water for 4 hours) – 200 grams
Idly Rice (soaked in water for 4 hours) – 200 grams
Urad Dal (soaked in water for 4 hours) – 100 grams
Fenugreek Seeds – 2 teaspoons
(soaked in water for 4 hours)
Salt as per tasteOil – 1 teaspoon
1) In a mixie jar or grinder add Pearl Millet, Idly Rice, Urad Dal, Fenugreek Seeds and grind it into a fine Batter.
2) Transfer it into a vessel and allow it to ferment for overnight or 8 to 10 hours.
3) After it is fermented transfer some Batter into a bowl, add Salt and required Water and make into idli consistency.
5) In a pressure cooker or Idli cooker add some Water and heat it.
6) Till the Water is heated, in Idli plates apply some Oil and pour the Batter.
7) Place the Idli plates in the cooker. Close the lid without the whistle in a medium flame for 12 minutes.
8) After 15 minutes switch off the stove and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
9) After 5 minutes remove the Idlies from the plates using a butter knife.
10) Pearl millet Idli is ready to serve.