1) Soak Raw Boiled Rice, Idly Rice, Urad Dal and Fenugreek Seeds for 2 hours.
2) In a mixie jar or grinder add Raw Boiled Rice, Idly Rice, Urad Dal, Fenugreek Seeds, Cooked Rice, Scrapped
Coconut and grind it into a batter.
3) Remove the batter in a vessel and allow it to ferment for 8 to 10 hours.
4) After 10 hours mix it well and transfer little batter into a bowl.
5) Add Salt and baking soda mixed with little water into the batter and mix it well.
6) Add little amount of Water to make the batter a bit thin.
7) Heat a Appam Kadai (if it is a non-stick kadai no need to add Oil, if it is a normal kadai drizzle some Oil before
preparing the Appam), once it is heated add one round spoon full of batter and rotate in clockwise direction
and cover it with a lid and cook for 2 minutes.
8) After 2 minutes remove it in a plate.
9) Appam is ready to serve (serve it hot with coconut chutney or coconut milk).
Raw Boiled Rice (soaked in water) – 3 Cups
Idly Rice (soaked in water) – 1½ cup
Urad Dal (soaked in water) – ½ cup
Cooked Rice – 1 bowl
Scrapped Coconut – 50 grams
Fenugreek Seeds (soaked in water) – 2 teaspoons
Baking Soda – 1 teaspoon
Salt as per taste