1) Heat Oil in a vessel.
2) Once the Oil is heated add Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves and sauté for a minute.
3) Add 1 handful of Onion and fry till golden brown.
4) Add Ginger Paste and fry in low flame for 3 minutes.
5) Add Garlic Paste and fry in low flame for 3 minutes.
6) Add Chilli Paste and fry in low flame for 3 minutes.
7) Add remaining Onion and fry in medium flame for 5 minutes.
8) Add Mutton and Salt and fry for 5 minutes.
9) Add Tomatoes, Coriander Leaves, Mint Leaves and fry till Tomatoes becomes soft.
10) Add Curd and mix well.
11) Add 2 cups of Water and keep in medium flame till the Mutton is cooked (you can transfer the Mutton to pressure cooker if the mutton is not cooking).
12) Add Lemon Juice and mix well.
13) In another vessel cook the Rice (only half cooked) (Salt to be added as per taste) and filter.
14) Once the Mutton is cooked add 2 cups of Water and mix well.
15) Add half boiled Rice and mix well.
16) Keep an old unused pan on the stove in low flame.
17) Keep the biryani vessel on the top and close it with aluminium foil and leave for 15 minutes.
18) Switch off the flame and let it rest for 10 minutes.
19) Open the lid and mix well.
20) Transfer it into a serving plate.
21) Ambur Mutton Biryani is ready to serve.
Mutton – 750 grams
Rice (Zeeraka samba) – 600 grams
Onion – 3 No.
Tomato – 4 Nos.
Ginger paste – 3 ½ tablespoons
Garlic paste - 3 ½ tablespoons
Red chilli paste – 12 chillies
Cinnamon – 3 sticks
Cardamom – 3 Nos.
Cloves – 3 Nos.
Coriander leaves(chopped) – Few
Mint leaves (chopped) – Few
Lemon juice – Juice of 1 lemon
Curd – 1 Cup
Salt as per taste
Oil – 5 tablespoons